Experience greater accuracy, more control and less investment of time and money when you implement Datascan. The customised and easy-to-use technology aids your sales associates through the stock take process from start to finish. Retailers who deploy Datascan also have the audit function and real-time reporting available to them right at their fingertips during a physical stock take. Our typical retailer engagement is made up of three distinct phases:
PUT YOUR STOCK TAKE PROCESS INTO ACTION
Pre Stock Take Planning
- Datascan assigns account managers to each client to plan stock takes up to a year in advance.
- Account managers work with clients to determine stock take best practices and identify necessary changes to gain maximum efficiency and take accuracy.
- Retailers’ corporate staff interacts with Datascan to plan scheduling of stock takes, process changes and scanner requirements.
- Software configuration, reporting requirements and change requests are discussed, tested and implemented accordingly.
- Training materials are provided by, reviewed and updated as necessary by Datascan.
Stock Take Execution
- Datascan prepares individual store shipments of scanners and equipment, fixture tags and training materials in advance of the stock take date.
- The Support Desk contacts each store to assist with equipment set-up, testing and answer any initial questions prior to a stock take.
- Store fixture maps are prepared and fixture tags are laid throughout the store by the staff.
- A quick 20-minute Training Session is scheduled for the stock take team, scanners are allocated to the store staff and the scanning begins.
- Real-time reporting is available to all stores during a stock take and can be monitored by store managers, store associates and corporate staff.
- Real-time variance reporting is available and drives retakes as a cautionary tool for the stores.
- Store managers are able to close the stock take utilising pre-defined procedures and controls.
- Comprehensive reporting of variances, audits and stock take results are available immediately after close to those present at the stock take and others located remotely.
- Datascan’s 24/7 Client Support Centre is available to resolve any issues and provide troubleshooting assistance throughout the entire process.
- Stores pack and return equipment to Datascan using the same shipping containers and Datascan’s pre-printed shipping labels.
Post Stock Take Review
- Provide productivity and accuracy analysis by store and sales associate.
- Identify stock take trends at the store, department and SKU level.
- Assess effectiveness of stock take procedures, audit policies and store-wide planning.
- Review incoming calls to the Datascan Client Support Centre with clients to identify trends and potential areas for process improvement.